模型:创新 & 最佳实践
特许学校 & 创新
The Colorado Department of Education notes:
- A charter school has more flexibility than traditional public schools in regards to curriculum, 财政管理, 学校整体操作, and may offer an education program that is more innovative.
- A charter school may request waivers from provisions of state law and any state or local rule, 监管, 政策, or procedure relating to schools in the school district.
- A charter school has flexibility through waivers; however, 作为这种灵活性的交换, the charter school is bound by contract to be held accountable for meeting the performance-based objectives specified in the charter.
*了解更多与 Colorado 特许学校 常见问题.
雷竞技登录 focuses on the following elements, some of which may be significantly different than current, traditional practices in the majority of traditional public schools. 雷竞技登录, as a charter school, is a “non-traditional” public school.
- 每一个老师, including 再来一个 teachers, specializes in the needs of advanced, gifted learners
- Multi-年龄分歧 而不是“分级”的教室
- Students often experience the same homeroom teacher for two years
- A ‘continuum’ of increasing expectations for students is used over the course of two years in each Division
- 美丽的模型 (kindergarten through eighth grade) rather than a “middle school” 模型
- All full-time teachers teach all content areas
- 教学团队计划团队单位 每周都在一起
- 一体化课程模式 (Dr. Joyce VanTassel-Baska) focuses on Big Ideas and themes within and between disciplines, with Advanced Content and Differentiated Instruction & 为学生设计的项目
- 着装规范 that allows modest, distraction-free clothing, but otherwise varies widely in self-expression
- 表 are provided for students rather than desks, for transition to a variety of seating groups
- 块的日程安排 每天早上, 全校性的, provide the opportunity for each student to move to the classroom of the math and reading/writing level that they need
- 学生们在教室里吃饭 to enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere with ‘dinner time’ conversations encour年龄d between students (District 11 provides hot lunch program that is carried from the gym)
- 每天三十分钟 健身和娱乐 time outside, for every student, from 10-10:30am
- “Recess” is not scheduled as part of a lunch period
- Primary and Middle Divisions typically have an additional afternoon ‘recess’ time
- Upper Division students may also have an afternoon break outside
- 环保，低VOC涂料， 来自劳氏奥林匹克油漆生产线, with a research-based shade of yellow to support a warm and creative environment
- 自然光谱和替代照明 在整个大楼
Additionally, to implement best practice in education, 雷竞技登录 utilizes the following programs:
- Dr. Robert Marzano’s research on teaching practices, as outlined in the iObservation© program for teacher coaching and evaluation
- Flippen Group’s classroom man年龄ment system, 抓住孩子的心©模型
- Cultivation of a positive work environment: 鱼! 哲学
- Cultivation of leadership skills in staff and students: 5模范领导实践© 模型
突出了 & 时间表
10:00-10:30健身 & 有趣的
12:30-3:00 Afternoon Inquiry Units (Science/History)
Within this time, a 50-minute 再来一个 class, by Division
学生早上8点开始上课 在他们的教室里. At 8:30 they move 在整个大楼 to their Art of Langu年龄 class for the level of instruction that they need. During 健身和娱乐 time, 10:00-10:30, students eat snack and enjoy being outside. At 10:30 they move 在整个大楼 to their World of Math class. Often students from two or three “grades” work together during math and reading/writing times in a particular level of Colorado Academic Standards (such as “5th grade” level math).
From 12:00-12:30 they eat lunch in their homerooms, and then in the afternoon they are with their homerooms for Inquiry (scientific and historic units) with one fifty-minute 再来一个 period. 下午3点10分解雇.
再来一个 (Enhancing the Core) classes include Art, Music/Theater, Spanish, and Physical Education 在旋转的基础上. Upper Division students also experience two additional 再来一个 classes that may vary from year to year. 再来一个 teachers schedule time in the morning block classes to work with classroom teachers to integrate 再来一个 subjects with math and reading/writing standards.